As Thanksgiving approaches, the quest for the perfect turkey recipe becomes a top priority for many. This year, why not elevate your traditional roast with a unique twist? Our Thyme Infused Honey Roasted Turkey combines the aromatic richness of thyme with the natural sweetness of honey, creating a dish that’s sure to captivate your guests’ taste buds.
- 1 whole turkey (thawed, if frozen)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup Lal’s Thyme-Infused Honey
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- Additional herbs (optional, such as rosemary and sage)
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 lemon, halved
- Preheat and Prep: Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C). Remove the giblets and neck from the turkey, rinse the turkey inside and out, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season: Generously season the inside and outside of the turkey with salt and pepper. Place the onion, lemon halves, and a few sprigs of thyme inside the cavity of the turkey.
- Prepare Glaze: In a bowl, mix the thyme-infused honey with olive oil to create your glaze.
- Glaze the Turkey: Brush the outside of the turkey with half of the honey mixture. Reserve the rest for basting during cooking.
- Roast: Place the turkey breast-side up in a roasting pan. Tuck the wings under the body and loosely tie the legs together with kitchen twine. Roast in the preheated oven. Baste the turkey every 30 minutes with the remaining honey mixture.
- Cooking Time: The cooking time will depend on the size of your turkey. A good rule is to cook for about 15 minutes per pound. The turkey is done when an internal thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 165°F (74°C).
- Rest: Once cooked, remove the turkey from the oven and let it rest for at least 20-30 minutes before carving. This allows the juices to redistribute, ensuring the meat is moist and flavorful.
- Serve: Carve the turkey and serve with your favorite Thanksgiving side dishes.
Note: Keep an eye on the turkey as it cooks. If the skin is browning too quickly, tent it with aluminum foil.
This Thyme Infused Honey Roasted Turkey recipe is more than just a meal; it’s a celebration of flavor. The combination of sweet and savory, along with the juicy tenderness of the turkey, makes for a holiday meal that will be remembered for years to come.